- Union Pacific (UP) representatives Richard Zientek, Tim O’Brien, and Tyler Parker will talk about UP’s role in the transportation of chemicals made in area plants. Kirk Higbie will talk about the Port Terminal Railroad Association’s role.
- Members are interested in what chemicals are transported via the railroad and what the railroads know about them as well as railroad efforts to transport the cargo safely and without environmental releases. There is particular interest in toxic inhalation hazards.
- Members want to know what has caused the infrequent but major rail accidents of recent years, whether patterns emerged from investigations, and what changes were made in rail transport of chemicals as a result. Members wonder when the hazards are greatest: during loading and unloading at a plant or during the long part of the trip.
- Members want to learn who is responsible for emergency response and emergency communications with the community if a rail emergency occurs, including the role of the plant whose product is being transported vs. the railroad.
- RSVP to email@example.com
Meeting notes 1-22-19
Presentation slides. 1.22.19