Since its formation, Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council’s community members have advised plants on what the community expects in terms of communication and plant coordination with the City of Pasadena and surrounding areas during a significant industry incident such as a fire, explosion, or toxic release as well as during other noticeable incidents.
PCAC members encourage local community members need to make use of the links that follow to obtain facts during an incident and to take appropriate action when needed.
- CAER Online is an app and a website provided by East Harris County Manufacturers Association (EHCMA). Plant incidents that are noticeable and potentially concerning to the community are posted as messages from the plants online and on the CAER Online App (Apple Store or Google Play). Most PCAC plants belong to EHCMA.
- The City of Pasadena uses Swift911™ , a system designed to make phone calls to specific people or areas in the event of an emergency or for sharing important information. Click this link for details and to learn more:
- On the Southeast Regional Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) website, learn what to do in a chemical emergency www.serlepc.com
- Check out Greater Harris County 9-1-1's Emergency Profile Service and their "call if you can, text if you can't" service.
- Check ReadyHarris.org provided by the Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. They offer helpful information about weather and other events.
- Use the Houston Transtar website to check on traffic jams and road closures. houstontranstar.org
- Harris County’s Community Air Monitoring Program (CAMP) dashboard allows users to see the daily and yearly average for volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and daily particulate matter (PM) values at fixed monitoring positions throughout the county. Data from the five Houston Regional Monitoring (HRM) monitors located in east Harris County can be viewed here as well. https://pcs.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/default.aspx
- The 2020 Report on Houston Air Quality, compiled by Houston Regional Monitoring, covers results of monitoring ozone, air toxics, and fine particulate matter by HRM, TCEQ, and others. http://hrm.aecom.com
- City of Pasadena
- Pasadena Independent School District
- Pasadena Chamber of Commerce
- www.petrochemworks.com is an interactive website that allows individuals looking for work in the petrochemical industry to link their skills, interests, and education to the kind of jobs available in this industry.
- East Harris County Manufacturers Association (EHCMA)
- American Chemistry Council
- Texas Chemical Council