Since its formation, Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council’s community members have advised plants on what the community expects in terms of communication and plant coordination with the City of Pasadena and surrounding areas during a significant industry incident such as a fire, explosion, or toxic release as well as during other noticeable incidents.
- PCAC members encourage local community members need to make use of the links that follow to obtain facts during an incident and to take appropriate action when needed.
- CAER Online is an app and a website provided by East Harris County Manufacturers Association (EHCMA). Plant incidents that are noticeable and potentially concerning to the community are posted as messages from the plants online and on the CAER Online App (Apple Store or Google Play). Most PCAC plants belong to EHCMA.
- The City of Pasadena uses Swift911™ , a system designed to make phone calls to specific people or areas in the event of an emergency or for sharing important information. Click this link for details and to learn more:
- On the Southeast Regional Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) website, learn what to do in a chemical emergency www.serlepc.com
- Every city in the Pasadena area has an emergency notification system that may be found on that city’s website. In addition to signing up for Greater Harris County 9-1-1's emergency notification system, check out their Emergency Profile Service and their "call if you can, text if you can't" service for certain cell phone companies. 911.org
- Check ReadyHarris.org and sign up for the ReadyHarris app provided by the Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. They offer information during an incident as well as helpful information about weather and other events. You can also sign up here to receive ozone alerts.
- Use the Houston Transtar website to check on traffic jams and road closures. houstontranstar.org
- The 2019 Report on Houston Air Quality, compiled by Houston Regional Monitoring, covers results of monitoring ozone, air toxics, and fine particulate matter by HRM, TCEQ, and others. http://hrm.aecom.com
- On Air: Houston is a website published by the Greater Houston Partnership that brings together factual information from both TCEQ and EPA and data from air monitors in the Houston area. houstonairquality.com
- www.petrochemworks.com is an interactive website that allows individuals looking for work in the petrochemical industry to link their skills, interests, and education to the kind of jobs available in this industry.
- East Harris County Manufacturers Association (EHCMA)
- American Chemistry Council
- Texas Chemical Council