Topics and Meetings
DID YOU KNOW…?
The Deer Park Community Advisory Council highlights a different chemical of the month on their website to help the average community member understand more about chemicals.
The Chemical of the Month postings include documents from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention written for a public audience and links to a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for the spotlighted chemical and a glossary of SDS terms.
- August 26, 2021-- Update on on August Lubrizol Deer Park Odor Event. Channel Industries Mutual Aid Overview. Summary CIMA overview
- May 25, 2021-- Program Planning. Summary
- April 27, 2021-- The Big Freeze: Plant Experiences, Lessons Learned, Best Practices, What Plants Will Do Differently. Summary
- March 25, 2021-- Harris County's New Community Air Monitoring Program. Summary
- February 23, 2021-- Annual Report on Worker Safety in PCAC Plants. Summary. Tribute to Diane Sheridan and PCAC. Full Text of Proclamation
- January 26, 2021-- Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council’s 30th Anniversary. Summary. Slides.
- December 3, 2020--Innovations in the Safety of Pipeline Transportation of Hazardous Materials. Summary
- October 27, 2020-- Annual Report on Emissions. Summary. Emission Highlights
- September 22, 2020-- Recent and Upcoming Technology to Improve the Safety of Truck Transportation of Plant Raw Materials and Products. Summary Speaker's Slides. Hydroblasting Safety Initiative
- April 28, 2020-- Chemical Industry Hurricane Preparedness. Summary. Speaker Slides
- January 28, 2020-- Industry Impacts on the Community: Jobs, Community Relations Programs, and Taxes. Summary
- December 5, 2019 -- Center for Petrochemical, Energy and Technology Tour. Summary
- March 5, 2019 -- Joint CAC Meeting: Consequences of Regulatory Changes on the Economy and the Environment. Summary. Speaker Slides: Honeycutt, Craft, Beskid.
- April 25, 2018 – Joint Meeting with Bay Area Community Advisory Panel to hear Dr. Sam Mannan on Ranking of Chemical Facilities Based on Potential to Cause Harm to the Public. Summary.
At each meeting, plants report workplace-related worker injuries and illnesses recorded as required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Occasionally, PCAC schedules plants to talk about their safety programs. Since 2010, the group has incorporated a Safety Moment into each meeting. Presented by a PCAC plant, the moment may be about safety specific to that plant or about preventing the kind of accidents common in everyday life.
Credit card fraud is on the rise due to quickly evolving technology used to steal credit card information. The technological devices, which are becoming increasingly more available, are used to make ‘white plastic’ that appears to be a real credit card, but is just plastic used by scammers to hold stolen credit card information.
Every year or so, PCAC develops a Program Plan to assure it is addressing issues of greatest interest to community members. Community members, plant members, and guests brainstorm topics they believe PCAC should address. Using sticky dots, they choose those they most want to cover in the coming year. By using different colors for community and plant members, PCAC is able to schedule the topics of most community interest. Members may also see whether there are differences in what community and plant members want to discuss. The Program Plan is flexible and may be changed by group agreement. Contact us at email@example.com if there are issues you would like PCAC to address