Topics and Meetings
DID YOU KNOW…?
Pasadena ISD’s Dr. Kirk Lewis Career and Technical High School has 24 pathways from which students may choose, ranging from agriculture to welding. The 24 pathways are part of 6 academies: Agriculture, Health Services, Business and Human Services, Manufacturing and Construction, Technology and Engineering, and Transportation and Shipping. Students must apply to attend the high school, which PCAC visited in November 2018.
- February 26, 2019 - Annual Report on Worker Safety. Summary
- January 22, 2019 - Transportation of Chemicals by Rail. Summary.
- November 29, 2018 – Tour of Pasadena ISD’s Dr. Kirk Lewis Career and Technical High School. Summary
- October 23, 2018 – Annual Report on Air Emissions from PCAC Plants. Highlights of Houston Area Air Quality. Summary.
- September 25, 2018 – Facts about Workforce Development. Innovations in Worker Training Technology. Summary.
- August 23, 2018 – Beltway 8 Bridge Expansion. See www.shipchannelbridge.org Results of Air Alliance Houston Pasadena Project. Summary.
- May 22, 2018 – I’ve Got Something on My Mind: Program Planning. Summary
- April 25, 2018 – Joint Meeting with Bay Area Community Advisory Panel to hear Dr. Sam Mannan on Ranking of Chemical Facilities Based on Potential to Cause Harm to the Public. Summary.
- March 22, 2018 – History of the Washburn Tunnel and its Operations. Emergency Response and Communications if There is a Major Fire on a Ship While at a Plant Dock. Summary.
- February 26, 2018 – Annual Report on Worker Safety at PCAC Plants. Plans for San Jacinto College Center for Petrochemical, Energy and Technology. See https://www.sanjac.edu/center-petrochemical-energy-technology
- January 23, 2018 – Clean Channel Association and Its Work Relating to Ship Fires. Summary.
At each meeting, plants report workplace-related worker injuries and illnesses recorded as required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Occasionally, PCAC schedules plants to talk about their safety programs. Since 2010, the group has incorporated a Safety Moment into each meeting. Presented by a PCAC plant, the moment may be about safety specific to that plant or about preventing the kind of accidents common in everyday life.
Hearing damage can occur when there is unprotected exposure on a constant and consistent time period. Just remember, for preventing hearing loss, the higher the noise then the shorter time period you can be exposed to it. Hearing protection with ear plugs is the best defense in preventing hearing loss.
Every year or so, PCAC develops a Program Plan to assure it is addressing issues of greatest interest to community members. Community members, plant members, and guests brainstorm topics they believe PCAC should address. Using sticky dots, they choose those they most want to cover in the coming year. By using different colors for community and plant members, PCAC is able to schedule the topics of most community interest. Members may also see whether there are differences in what community and plant members want to discuss. The Program Plan is flexible and may be changed by group agreement. Contact us at email@example.com if there are issues you would like PCAC to address