Topics and Meetings
DID YOU KNOW…?
Harris County has a new Community Air Monitoring Program (CAMP) that is designed to measure pollution levels across Harris County; identify emission sources that adversely impact local communities; and highlight patterns and trends that may support environmental regulatory activities.
The CAMP website dashboard allows users to click on a fixed monitoring station to see the daily and yearly average for volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and daily particulate matter (PM) values for very small air pollution particles. Additionally, users can click on the Houston Regional Monitoring (HRM) Dashboard to see data that is compared to long-term and short-term air monitoring comparison values (AMCV) for 50+ chemicals at five HRM monitors located in east Harris County. Links to the CAMP and HRM dashboards can be found at https://pcs.harriscountytx.gov/Pages/default.aspx.
- April 27, 2021-- The Big Freeze: Plant Experiences, Lessons Learned, Best Practices, What Plants Will Do Differently
- March 25, 2021-- Harris County's New Community Air Monitoring Program. Summary
- February 23, 2021-- Annual Report on Worker Safety in PCAC Plants. Summary. Tribute to Diane Sheridan and PCAC. Full Text of Proclamation
- January 26, 2021-- Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council’s 30th Anniversary. Summary. Slides.
- December 3, 2020--Innovations in the Safety of Pipeline Transportation of Hazardous Materials. Summary
- October 27, 2020-- Annual Report on Emissions. Summary. Emission Highlights
- September 22, 2020-- Recent and Upcoming Technology to Improve the Safety of Truck Transportation of Plant Raw Materials and Products. Summary Speaker's Slides. Hydroblasting Safety Initiative
- August 27, 2020-- Cancelled.
- May 26, 2020-- An Interim Report on Lessons PCAC Plants Have Learned to Date about COVID-19. Summary
- April 28, 2020-- Chemical Industry Hurricane Preparedness. Summary. Speaker Slides
- January 28, 2020-- Industry Impacts on the Community: Jobs, Community Relations Programs, and Taxes. Summary
- December 5, 2019 -- Center for Petrochemical, Energy and Technology Tour. Summary
- March 5, 2019 -- Joint CAC Meeting: Consequences of Regulatory Changes on the Economy and the Environment. Summary. Speaker Slides: Honeycutt, Craft, Beskid.
- April 25, 2018 – Joint Meeting with Bay Area Community Advisory Panel to hear Dr. Sam Mannan on Ranking of Chemical Facilities Based on Potential to Cause Harm to the Public. Summary.
At each meeting, plants report workplace-related worker injuries and illnesses recorded as required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Occasionally, PCAC schedules plants to talk about their safety programs. Since 2010, the group has incorporated a Safety Moment into each meeting. Presented by a PCAC plant, the moment may be about safety specific to that plant or about preventing the kind of accidents common in everyday life.
Credit card fraud is on the rise due to quickly evolving technology used to steal credit card information. The technological devices, which are becoming increasingly more available, are used to make ‘white plastic’ that appears to be a real credit card, but is just plastic used by scammers to hold stolen credit card information.
Every year or so, PCAC develops a Program Plan to assure it is addressing issues of greatest interest to community members. Community members, plant members, and guests brainstorm topics they believe PCAC should address. Using sticky dots, they choose those they most want to cover in the coming year. By using different colors for community and plant members, PCAC is able to schedule the topics of most community interest. Members may also see whether there are differences in what community and plant members want to discuss. The Program Plan is flexible and may be changed by group agreement. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are issues you would like PCAC to address