Topics and Meetings
Intercontinental Terminals Company (ITC) Pasadena- Storage Terminal for Petroleum and Petrochemical Products
- January 24, 2023-- Discussion on the Impact of the recent Tornado. Summary
- December 1, 2022-- The Return of the Sticky Dots: Programs Planning for 2023. Summary.
- October 25, 2022-- Annual Report on Emissions from PCAC Plants. Summary. HRM 2021 Air Quality Trends
- September 27, 2022-- New Capital Project at Chevron Pasadena Refinery. Summary
- August 25, 2022-- Gulf Coast Protection District and Its Work to Protect Communities, Environment, and Economic Activities from Storm Surge. Summary. Slides
- May 24, 2022-- Flood Control Efforts in Pasadena: What’s Underway? What’s Planned. Summary. City of Pasadena Slides. Harris County Flood Control Slides.
- April 26, 2022 -- How Plants Prevent Flooding on and off the Plant Site. Summary.
- March 24, 2022-- The Galveston Bay Report Card. Summary. Galveston Bay Report Card. Slides
- February 22, 2022--Annual Report on Worker Safety in CAC Plants. Summary
- January 25, 2022--Plant Communication with the Community When Planning a Maintenance Turnaround. Summary.
- December 2, 2021-- Effects of Pollution on Health. Summary Slides
- March 25, 2021-- Harris County's New Community Air Monitoring Program. Summary
- January 26, 2021-- Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council’s 30th Anniversary. Summary. Slides.
- September 22, 2020-- Recent and Upcoming Technology to Improve the Safety of Truck Transportation of Plant Raw Materials and Products. Summary Speaker's Slides. Hydroblasting Safety Initiative
- April 28, 2020-- Chemical Industry Hurricane Preparedness. Summary. Speaker Slides
- January 28, 2020-- Industry Impacts on the Community: Jobs, Community Relations Programs, and Taxes. Summary
- December 5, 2019 -- Center for Petrochemical, Energy and Technology Tour. Summary
- March 5, 2019 -- Joint CAC Meeting: Consequences of Regulatory Changes on the Economy and the Environment. Summary. Speaker Slides: Honeycutt, Craft, Beskid.
- April 25, 2018 – Joint Meeting with Bay Area Community Advisory Panel to hear Dr. Sam Mannan on Ranking of Chemical Facilities Based on Potential to Cause Harm to the Public. Summary.
At each meeting, plants report workplace-related worker injuries and illnesses recorded as required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Occasionally, PCAC schedules plants to talk about their safety programs. Since 2010, the group has incorporated a Safety Moment into each meeting. Presented by a PCAC plant, the moment may be about safety specific to that plant or about preventing the kind of accidents common in everyday life.
Credit card fraud is on the rise due to quickly evolving technology used to steal credit card information. The technological devices, which are becoming increasingly more available, are used to make ‘white plastic’ that appears to be a real credit card, but is just plastic used by scammers to hold stolen credit card information.
Every year or so, PCAC develops a Program Plan to assure it is addressing issues of greatest interest to community members. Community members, plant members, and guests brainstorm topics they believe PCAC should address. Using sticky dots, they choose those they most want to cover in the coming year. By using different colors for community and plant members, PCAC is able to schedule the topics of most community interest. Members may also see whether there are differences in what community and plant members want to discuss. The Program Plan is flexible and may be changed by group agreement. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are issues you would like PCAC to address