Who We Are
Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) provides a forum for communication between industry and community in Pasadena, Texas.
DID YOU KNOW…?
From presentations and discussion, we learn interesting things at each PCAC meeting.
Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) builds a true partnership between Houston Ship Channel industry and community in Pasadena, Texas. At meetings held 9 times a year, we provide a forum for candid conversation about industry-related issues of community interest or concern.
Open, honest dialogue makes plant members aware of what the community expects of them. It helps community members understand what plants do and how they work.
The primary issues we address are environment, safety, health, security, emergency response and communications, and hazardous materials transportation. We also discuss other quality of life issues like the economy and education.
The Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) provides a forum that opens dialogue between citizens and industry, addresses issues of interest to both, and promotes awareness and understanding of those issues.
- Industry and community will work together to educate the community about who "industry" is, their operations, and what they do for the community.
- Community and industry will work together to improve industry's understanding of community concerns.
- Industry will share its operating philosophy with the community, so the community can assess industry performance and work with industry to bring about changes to improve the quality of life in Pasadena.
- Tues. Jan. 26, 2021
- Tues. Feb. 23, 2021
- Thurs. Mar. 25, 2021
- Tues. Apr. 27, 2021
- Tues. May 25, 2021
- No June or July meetings
- Thurs. Aug. 26, 2021
- Tues. Sept. 28, 2021
- Tues. Oct. 26, 2021
- Thurs. Dec. 2, 2021 (delayed due to Thanksgiving)
- No December meeting
- Our members include individuals who live or work in Pasadena and representatives of organizations and government entities serving the city. Our 18 Houston Ship Channel Industry members include the major petrochemical industry facilities in Pasadena, Texas. The PCAC Membership lists names and additional information about our community and industry members.
- If you're interested in PCAC, attend a meeting! Please contact our facilitator at email@example.com for details.
- PCAC held its first meeting in January 1991 and celebrated its 30th anniversary in January 2021.
- In 1997, PCAC began keeping a paragraph-a-meeting history of activities, meeting topics, tours, and speakers. See PCAC history
- Pasadena CAC is one of 9 community advisory councils or panels in east Harris County, Texas. Local plants began reaching out to community leaders to form advisory groups around 1990 as part of the Responsible Care initiative of the Chemical Manufacturers Association (now the American Chemistry Council). The most recent industry advisory group in the area was formed in 2011.
- To see a list of communities served and participating plants, check the CAP directory
- To learn more about community advisory councils or panels in general, see CAP Basics.
How do I...
- Find information about plant incidents
CAER Online, provided by East Harris County Manufacturers Association, is where Plant incidents that are noticeable and potentially concerning to the community are posted as messages online and on the CAER Online App (Apple Store or Google Play).
- Sign up for City of Pasadena Emergency Notifications
The City of Pasadena uses Swift911™ , a system designed to make phone calls to specific people or areas in the event of an emergency or for sharing important information. Click this link for details and to learn more: https://www.pasadenatx.gov/394/Swift911
- Sign up for Harris County Emergency Notifications
Check ReadyHarris.org and sign up for the ReadyHarris app provided by the Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. They offer information during an incident as well as helpful information about weather and other events.
- February 23, 2021-- Annual Report on Worker Safety in PCAC Plants.
- January 26, 2021-- Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council’s 30th Anniversary. Summary. Slides
- December 3, 2020-- Innovations in the Safety of Pipeline Transportation of Hazardous Materials. Summary
- October 27, 2020--Annual Emissions Report. Summary. Emission Highlights
- September 22, 2020--Recent and Upcoming Technology to Improve the Safety of Truck Transportation of Plant Raw Materials and Products. Summary. Speaker's Slides. Hydroblasting Safety Initiative
- August 27, 2020-- Cancelled
- May 26, 2020-- An Interim Report on Lessons PCAC Plants Have Learned to date about COVID-19. Summary
- April 28, 2020-- Chemical Industry Hurricane Preparedness. Summary. Speaker Slides