Who We Are
Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) provides a forum for communication between industry and community in Pasadena, Texas.
August 25, 2022
The Gulf Coast Protection District and Its Work to Protect Communities, Environment, and Economic Activities from Storm Surge
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Albemarle Pasadena Plant
In this new monthly feature, PCAC plants will use one picture to tell the story of what the plant does or where their products end up.
Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) builds a true partnership between Houston Ship Channel industry and community in Pasadena, Texas. At meetings held 9 times a year, we provide a forum for candid conversation about industry-related issues of community interest or concern.
Open, honest dialogue makes plant members aware of what the community expects of them. It helps community members understand what plants do and how they work.
The primary issues we address are environment, safety, health, security, emergency response and communications, and hazardous materials transportation. We also discuss other quality of life issues like the economy and education.
The Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) provides a forum that opens dialogue between citizens and industry, addresses issues of interest to both, and promotes awareness and understanding of those issues.
- Industry and community will work together to educate the community about who "industry" is, their operations, and what they do for the community.
- Community and industry will work together to improve industry's understanding of community concerns.
- Industry will share its operating philosophy with the community, so the community can assess industry performance and work with industry to bring about changes to improve the quality of life in Pasadena.
- Tues. Jan. 25, 2022
- Tues. Feb. 22, 2022
- Thurs. Mar. 24, 2022
- Tues. Apr. 26, 2022
- Tues. May 24, 2022
- No June or July meetings
- Thurs. Aug. 25, 2022
- Tues. Sept. 27, 2022
- Tues. Oct. 25, 2022
- Thurs. Dec. 1, 2022 (delayed due to Thanksgiving)
- No December meeting
- Our members include individuals who live or work in Pasadena and representatives of organizations and government entities serving the city. Our 18 Houston Ship Channel Industry members include the major petrochemical industry facilities in Pasadena, Texas. The PCAC Membership Directory lists names and additional information about our community and industry members.
- If you're interested in PCAC, attend a meeting! Please contact our facilitator at email@example.com for details.
- PCAC held its first meeting in January 1991 and celebrated its 30th anniversary in January 2021.
- In 1997, PCAC began keeping a paragraph-a-meeting history of activities, meeting topics, tours, and speakers. See PCAC History.
- Pasadena CAC is one of 9 community advisory councils or panels in east Harris County, Texas. Local plants began reaching out to community leaders to form advisory groups around 1990 as part of the Responsible Care initiative of the Chemical Manufacturers Association (now the American Chemistry Council). The most recent industry advisory group in the area was formed in 2011.
- To see a list of communities served and participating plants, check the CAP Directory.
- To learn more about community advisory councils or panels in general, see CAP Basics.
How Do I...
- Find information about plant incidents
CAER Online, provided by East Harris County Manufacturers Association, is where Plant incidents that are noticeable and potentially concerning to the community are posted as messages online and on the CAER Online App (Apple Store or Google Play).
- Sign up for City of Pasadena Emergency Notifications
The City of Pasadena uses Swift911™ , a system designed to make phone calls to specific people or areas in the event of an emergency or for sharing important information. Click this link for details and to learn more: https://www.pasadenatx.gov/394/Swift911
- Find out about Weather and other events in Harris County
Check ReadyHarris.org provided by the Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. They offer helpful information about weather and other events.
- May 24,2022-- Flood Control Efforts in Pasadena: What's Underway? What's Planned? Summary. City of Pasadena Slides. Harris County Flood Control Slides
- April 26, 2022- How Plants Prevent Flooding on and off the Plant Site. Summary
- March 24, 2022- The Galveston Bay Report Card. Summary. Galveston Bay Report Card. Slides
- February 22, 2022- Annual Report on Worker Safety in PCAC Plants. Summary.
- January 25, 2022-- Plant Communication with the Community When Planning a Maintenance Turnaround. Summary.
- December 2, 2021-- Effects of Pollution on Health. Summary. Slides
- October 26, 2021-- Annual Report on Air Emissions from PCAC Plants. Summary
- September 28, 2021-- What Plants Do to Control and Reduce Emissions. Summary
- August 26, 2021-- Update on August Lubrizol Deer Park Odor Event; Channel Industries Mutual Aid. Summary CIMA overview