Who We Are
Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) provides a forum for communication between industry and community in Pasadena, Texas.
September 26, 2023
Overview of Recycling in PCAC Plants
LyondellBasell Refinery and Chevron Pasadena Refinery
PCAC plants will use one picture to tell the story of what the plant does or where their products end up.
Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) builds a true partnership between Houston Ship Channel industry and community in Pasadena, Texas. At meetings held 9 times a year, we provide a forum for candid conversation about industry-related issues of community interest or concern.
Open, honest dialogue makes plant members aware of what the community expects of them. It helps community members understand what plants do and how they work.
The primary issues we address are environment, safety, health, security, emergency response and communications, and hazardous materials transportation. We also discuss other quality of life issues like the economy and education.
Click here for some background information on why Citizen Advisory Councils were formed, what role they play, and specific information on the Pasadena CAC.
The Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) provides a forum that opens dialogue between citizens and industry, addresses issues of interest to both, and promotes awareness and understanding of those issues.
- Industry and community will work together to educate the community about who "industry" is, their operations, and what they do for the community.
- Community and industry will work together to improve industry's understanding of community concerns.
- Industry will share its operating philosophy with the community, so the community can assess industry performance and work with industry to bring about changes to improve the quality of life in Pasadena.
- Tues. Jan. 24, 2023
- Tues. Feb. 28, 2023
- Tue. Mar. 28, 2023
- Tues. Apr. 25, 2023
- Tues. May 23, 2023 CANCELLED
- No June or July meetings
- Tues. Aug. 22, 2023
- Tues. Sept. 26, 2023
- Tues. Oct. 24, 2023
- Tues. Nov. 28, 2023
- No December meeting
- Our members include individuals who live or work in Pasadena and representatives of organizations and government entities serving the city. Our 18 Houston Ship Channel Industry members include the major petrochemical industry facilities in Pasadena, Texas. The PCAC Membership Directory lists names and additional information about our community and industry members.
- If you're interested in PCAC, attend a meeting! Please contact our facilitator at [email protected] for details.
- PCAC held its first meeting in January 1991 and celebrated its 30th anniversary in January 2021.
- In 1997, PCAC began keeping a paragraph-a-meeting history of activities, meeting topics, tours, and speakers. See PCAC History.
- Pasadena CAC is one of 9 community advisory councils or panels in east Harris County, Texas. Local plants began reaching out to community leaders to form advisory groups around 1990 as part of the Responsible Care initiative of the Chemical Manufacturers Association (now the American Chemistry Council). The most recent industry advisory group in the area was formed in 2011.
- To see a list of communities served and participating plants, check the CAP Directory
- To learn more about community advisory councils or panels in general, see CAP Basics.
How do I...
- Find information about plant incidents
CAER Online, provided by East Harris County Manufacturers Association, is where Plant incidents that are noticeable and potentially concerning to the community are posted as messages online and on the CAER Online App (Apple Store or Google Play).
- Sign up for City of Pasadena Emergency Notifications
The City of Pasadena uses Swift911™ , a system designed to make phone calls to specific people or areas in the event of an emergency or for sharing important information. Click this link for details and to learn more: https://www.pasadenatx.gov/394/Swift911
- Find out about Weather and other events in Harris County
Check ReadyHarris.org provided by the Harris County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. They offer helpful information about weather and other events.
- August 22, 2023--TXDOT SH 225 AND I-610 EAST Planning and Environmental Linkages (PEL) Study. Summary
- April 25, 2023--Tour of Pasadena Emergency Operations Center (EOC). Summary. Slides.
- March 28, 2023-- Annual Report on Worker Safety in CAC Plants .Summary
- February 28, 2023-- State of the Plants. Summary
- January 24, 2023-- Discussion about the Impact of the recent Tornado. Summary
- December 1, 2022-- The Return of the Sticky Dots: Program Planning for 2023. Summary.
- October 25, 2022-- Annual Report on Emissions from PCAC Plants. Summary. HRM 2021 Air Quality Trends
- September 27, 2022-- New Capital Project at Chevron Pasadena Refinery. Summary