Who We Are
Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) provides a forum for communication between industry and community in Pasadena, Texas.
DID YOU KNOW…?
From presentations and discussion, we learn interesting things at each PCAC meeting.
Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) builds a true partnership between Houston Ship Channel industry and community in Pasadena, Texas. At meetings held 9 times a year, we provide a forum for candid conversation about industry-related issues of community interest or concern.
Open, honest dialogue makes plant members aware of what the community expects of them. It helps community members understand what plants do and how they work.
The primary issues we address are environment, safety, health, security, emergency response and communications, and hazardous materials transportation. We also discuss other quality of life issues like the economy and education.
The Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) provides a forum that opens dialogue between citizens and industry, addresses issues of interest to both, and promotes awareness and understanding of those issues.
- Industry and community will work together to educate the community about who "industry" is, their operations, and what they do for the community.
- Community and industry will work together to improve industry's understanding of community concerns.
- Industry will share its operating philosophy with the community, so the community can assess industry performance and work with industry to bring about changes to improve the quality of life in Pasadena.
- Tues. Jan. 26, 2021
- Tues. Feb. 23, 2021
- Thurs. Mar. 25, 2021
- Tues. Apr. 27, 2021
- Tues. May 25, 2021
- No June or July meetings
- Thurs. Aug. 26, 2021
- Tues. Sept. 28, 2021
- Tues. Oct. 26, 2021
- Thurs. Dec. 2, 2021 (delayed due to Thanksgiving)
- No December meeting
- Our members include individuals who live or work in Pasadena and representatives of organizations and government entities serving the city. Our 18 Houston Ship Channel Industry members include the major petrochemical industry facilities in Pasadena, Texas. The PCAC Membership lists names and additional information about our community and industry members.
- If you're interested in PCAC, attend a meeting! Please contact our facilitator at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- PCAC held its first meeting in January 1991 and celebrated its 25th anniversary in January 2016.
- In 1997, PCAC began keeping a paragraph-a-meeting history of activities, meeting topics, tours, and speakers. See PCAC history
- Pasadena CAC is one of 9 community advisory councils or panels in east Harris County, Texas. Local plants began reaching out to community leaders to form advisory groups around 1990 as part of the Responsible Care initiative of the Chemical Manufacturers Association (now the American Chemistry Council). The most recent industry advisory group in the area was formed in 2011.
- To see a list of communities served and participating plants, check the CAP directory
- To learn more about community advisory councils or panels in general, see CAP Basics.
News and Recent Topics
East Harris County Manufacturers Association (EHCMA) is closely monitoring information from their member companies, the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) as well as federal, state and local officials in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. EHCMA has created a public web page designed to provide information and updates to partners and to the community at large and is updating the site frequently. For more information, please visit: https://www.ehcma.org/covid-19-updates-and-information-2/
- December 3, 2020-- Innovations in the Safety of Pipeline Transportation of Hazardous Materials. Summary
- October 27, 2020--Annual Emissions Report. Summary. Emission Highlights
- September 22, 2020--Recent and Upcoming Technology to Improve the Safety of Truck Transportation of Plant Raw Materials and Products. Summary. Speaker's Slides. Hydroblasting Safety Initiative
- August 27, 2020-- Cancelled
- May 26, 2020-- An Interim Report on Lessons PCAC Plants Have Learned to date about COVID-19. Summary
- April 28, 2020-- Chemical Industry Hurricane Preparedness. Summary. Speaker Slides
- March 26, 2020-- Cancelled. Summary
- February 25, 2020-- Annual Report on Worker Safety in PCAC Plants. Round Robin on Effective Worker Safety Programs. Summary Census 101. Census Basics. 10 Things about Census. Family Night MindTrekkers
- January 28, 2020-- Industry Impacts on the Community: Jobs, Taxes, Community Relations Programs. Summary. Industry Impacts on Community
- December 5, 2019 -- Center for Petrochemical, Energy, and Technology Tour. Summary.