Who We Are
Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) provides a forum for communication between industry and community in Pasadena, Texas.
Intercontinental Terminals Company (ITC) Pasadena
PCAC plants will use one picture to tell the story of what the plant does or where their products end up.
Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) builds a true partnership between Houston Ship Channel industry and community in Pasadena, Texas. At meetings held 9 times a year, we provide a forum for candid conversation about industry-related issues of community interest or concern.
Open, honest dialogue makes plant members aware of what the community expects of them. It helps community members understand what plants do and how they work.
The primary issues we address are environment, safety, health, security, emergency response and communications, and hazardous materials transportation. We also discuss other quality of life issues like the economy and education.
Click here for some background information on why Citizen Advisory Councils were formed, what role they play, and specific information on the Pasadena CAC.
The Pasadena Citizens’ Advisory Council (PCAC) provides a forum that opens dialogue between citizens and industry, addresses issues of interest to both, and promotes awareness and understanding of those issues.
- Industry and community will work together to educate the community about who "industry" is, their operations, and what they do for the community.
- Community and industry will work together to improve industry's understanding of community concerns.
- Industry will share its operating philosophy with the community, so the community can assess industry performance and work with industry to bring about changes to improve the quality of life in Pasadena.
- Tues. Jan. 24, 2023
- Tues. Feb. 28, 2023
- Tue. Mar. 28, 2023
- Tues. Apr. 25, 2023
- Tues. May 23, 2023
- No June or July meetings
- Tues. Aug. 22, 2023
- Tues. Sept. 26, 2023
- Tues. Oct. 24, 2023
- Tues. Nov. 28, 2023
- No December meeting
- Our members include individuals who live or work in Pasadena and representatives of organizations and government entities serving the city. Our 18 Houston Ship Channel Industry members include the major petrochemical industry facilities in Pasadena, Texas. The PCAC Membership Directory lists names and additional information about our community and industry members.
- If you're interested in PCAC, attend a meeting! Please contact our facilitator at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- PCAC held its first meeting in January 1991 and celebrated its 30th anniversary in January 2021.
- In 1997, PCAC began keeping a paragraph-a-meeting history of activities, meeting topics, tours, and speakers. See PCAC History.
- Pasadena CAC is one of 9 community advisory councils or panels in east Harris County, Texas. Local plants began reaching out to community leaders to form advisory groups around 1990 as part of the Responsible Care initiative of the Chemical Manufacturers Association (now the American Chemistry Council). The most recent industry advisory group in the area was formed in 2011.
- To see a list of communities served and participating plants, check the CAP Directory.
- To learn more about community advisory councils or panels in general, see CAP Basics.
The Pasadena Chamber of Commerce has developed a Tornado Relief and Resources page on their website. These resources include how to report damage; mental health information; help for small business recovery; information on available shelters; and links for updates from the City and County. The page also has information about how to volunteer or donate items.
The City of Pasadena website has posted a tornado resource guide developed by the Texas Division of Emergency Management and other helpful documents that residents might need.
- January 24, 2023-- Discussion about the Impact of the recent Tornado. Summary
- December 1, 2022-- The Return of the Sticky Dots: Program Planning for 2023. Summary.
- October 25, 2022-- Annual Report on Emissions from PCAC Plants. Summary. HRM 2021 Air Quality Trends
- September 27, 2022-- New Capital Project at Chevron Pasadena Refinery. Summary
- August 25, 2022-- Gulf Coast Protection District and Its Work to Protect Communities, Environment, and Economic Activities from Storm Surge. Summary. Slides
- May 24,2022-- Flood Control Efforts in Pasadena: What's Underway? What's Planned? Summary. City of Pasadena Slides. Harris County Flood Control Slides
- April 26, 2022- How Plants Prevent Flooding on and off the Plant Site. Summary
- March 24, 2022- The Galveston Bay Report Card. Summary. Galveston Bay Report Card. Slides
- February 22, 2022- Annual Report on Worker Safety in PCAC Plants. Summary.